Monday, October 9, 2017

Bee Happy Quilt Preparation + COLOR!

This is some of the fabric from Lori Holt's Bee Happy Quilt!
This is the pattern instructions cover.  You can read all about it by clicking HERE.
These are instructions you print out yourself, and Lori has weekly tutorials on her blog/website for construction instructions.
You MUST first get everything organized, and this takes some time.
She recommends placing all the CUT pieces (which you cut yourself) into baggies with each block name (I counted 57 different blocks).
So it's quite a bit of work before you even start sewing.  However, I find this task to be relaxing.  However, ONE MUST, pay attention and double check before cutting each piece, so as to get the measurements correct.  It takes concentration, but I could still watch a movie while doing this.
More of the fabric. . . .
. . . even more of the fabric. . . 
. . . .and more.  I am about halfway through the stack for cutting!
In the meanwhile, the trees are changing color, and are magnificent!
Our flag is bravely waving in the breeze coming up from Hurricane Nate.
Mums are beautifully blooming.
The Fig Tree & Co Nantucket Mystery BOM blocks are coming along.....
. . . . and soon I will be sewing!  The woven cloth is one I made when I was a teenager, and wanted a loom of my own.  I made one from a frame of wood and nails, then proceeded to weave strips of fabric.  It took me a while, but it is about the size of a placemat, and it works great under my sewing machine.  I like to slide my machine around to suit me where I'm sitting, and this works.
The square pincushion is my own design, and I will have these kits up at the PeonyStreet Studio on Etsy, again, pretty soon.
The strawberry pincusion is made from red corduroy that my mother used to make overalls for one of my brothers, when he was about 2 years old.  I saved the leftover fabric (from about 50 years ago or more).  It reminds me of my mum.
~~~~
Take care out there.  It's been so heartbreaking all these weeks.  I can't even bear to talk about it.  Keep your chins up!

XXOO

No comments: