Saturday, February 21, 2015

Back in the Sewing Room - Social Climber with Jane Dixon Fabric

The Lonely Iron
~~~
After 4 months of illness, I finally gained enough strength to go upstairs to the sewing room, to make this:
fabrics by Jane Dixon for Andover Fabrics, called "Low Tide".
Stephanie has lots of patterns that look interesting to make, and Jane's fabrics
are graphic and colorful.  See Jane's website.
~~~
Here is the journey:
Must clean the machine first.  Vacuumed the bobbin assembly and oiled it.

Figuring out the pattern with mostly these low contrast fabrics.
The colors are so soothing, but it makes it much more challenging.

Some of the fabrics.

Arranging.

Cut and pinned together.

Sewn.

Here's my wall of thread.  I think it's kinda cute!

On the frame.

Quilted: used Seafoam green Superior cotton thread, and did an
all-over freehand quilting in a wavelike pattern.

Another look.

Last one!
~~~
You can see the tell-tale polyester batting.  I used to hate polyester batts.  This one is a medium loft,
Mountain Mist brand.  I have found quilts made with this type batt are light in weight, and are warm.
I did not prewash these fabrics, which is against my usual mode of making a quilt.  The fabrics have a wonderful sheen to them, and are a very good quality cotton.
This was an easy construction, once I got the fabrics situated in a satisfactory way for me.
The colors remind me of the ocean.







No comments: